Primary school pupils battle it out at inaugural maths challenge
- Credit: Archant
Soham Village College welcomed pupils from East Cambridgeshire primary schools for the first ever junior maths team challenge.
A total of 12 teams from seven primary schools took part in challenges during the inaugural event, which was held last Thursday.
The pupils had to work together in either pairs or a team of four to complete a wide variety of puzzles, whether it was a crossnumber challlenge or relay round where they had to run across the room to get the next question.
Primary schools taking part in the challenge included Kennett, Burwell Village College, St Andrew’s, Fordham, Ely St John’s, Weatheralls and Littleport Community Primary.
By the end of the competition Littleport Community Primary School came out on top with a team from Ely St John’s a close second. Dr Taylor, Soham Village College’s principal, handed over the winners’ shield.
You may also want to watch:
A team of five pupils from the village college helped organise and run the day: Becky Marklove, Olivia Avis, Lucy Hunt, Jacob Towers and Callum Hendry.
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Plans revealed for new A10 pedestrian bridge
- 4 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 5 'I feel alive for the first time': Slimmer lost half his body weight in lockdown
- 6 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 7 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 8 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 9 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 10 Covid-19 vaccine myths ‘biggest challenge’ in progress