Primary school praised by Ofsted in first ever report
- Credit: Archant
A primary school in Soham has received a glowing report from inspectors.
The Shade, which welcomed its first pupils in September 2013, was singled out for particular praise for the behaviour and safety of pupils, which was rated by Ofsted as outstanding.
The inspector said that “from the early years onwards, children concentrate extremely well and enjoy learning. They consistently display a thirst for knowledge and a love of learning.”
Ofsted said that the academy provides very well for pupils who have special educational needs, as they receive a great deal of sensitive support that is matched closely to their learning needs.
Lisa Gregory, head teacher, said: “Our school is in its infancy and we have achieved much in under two years of opening. Our school motto is ‘Love to Learn’ and
I am really proud to say that the inspector could see that desire in our pupils which has been fostered and developed by our staff and supportive parents.”
“The Ofsted inspector, highlighted areas for improvement and some of these points are already being actioned.”
- 1 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 2 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 3 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 4 Firm announces acquisition of independent planning firm
- 5 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 6 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 7 80 homes threaten access to ‘rural haven of rare beauty’
- 8 Rudolph the red phone box reindeer arrives in village
- 9 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 10 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
Ofsted found that the Shade, which is part of Staploe Education Trust, had been well-supported by other trust staff since opening, saying that “the head of primary, the academy trustees and the governing body collaborate well and are highly committed to establishing the new school as a strong provision”.
Chairman of governors, Jamie Humphrey said: “We were delighted to hear that the Shade has been judged to be a ‘good’ school by Ofsted. We were especially pleased to learn that we received an outstanding rating for behaviour and safety, two core parts of our school’s vision and ethos.
“We are very proud of everything that we have all achieved since the school opened in September 2013. We are on the start of an exciting journey and are pleased that together we have achieved so much so quickly.”