Artsy phone box in Prickwillow is disguised as Santa for festive season
- Credit: Archant
Motorists may no longer be able to make a call at this artsy phone box in Prickwillow - but they can sure spot Santa.
The seasonal creation has been designed by local sculpture Cary Outis and sees a jolly Santa with his beard, red nose, glasses and hat take pride of place in the village.
Cary has also penned a song to accompany the main man of Christmas – to the tune of Teddy Bears Picnic.
It reads: “If you go down to Prickwillow today
The phone box is in disguise
If you dare peep at what’s going on
You’ll never believe your eyes
- 1 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 2 Popular food and leisure hub plans win over planners
- 3 Quick-thinking officer who stopped man jumping onto A14 honoured
- 4 £4.8m loan to transform office block into flats repaid
- 5 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 6 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 7 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 8 Meet the boat hire firm aiming to become perfect 'stress-free' tonic
- 9 Woman dies following crash on A1303
- 10 Eight organ donors honoured at ‘moving’ award ceremony
‘Cause Santa’s there, as big as a van
He’s taken over, as only he can
Today’s the day that Santa moved into Prickwillow!”
The phone box, on Main Street, has become a centre piece in the village in recent years since being bought by villager Nick Edell for £1 in 2010.
It has previously had a makeover for Valentines Day, courtesy of Enchanted Flowers and Elizabeth Robertson, and last Christmas a huge angel was installed on its roof by Cary and Magenta Kang.
In 2014 it was transformed into a tinsel-covered bauble and was wrapped in paper and a bow in 2012.