Artsy phone box in Prickwillow is disguised as Santa for festive season
- Credit: Archant
Motorists may no longer be able to make a call at this artsy phone box in Prickwillow - but they can sure spot Santa.
The seasonal creation has been designed by local sculpture Cary Outis and sees a jolly Santa with his beard, red nose, glasses and hat take pride of place in the village.
Cary has also penned a song to accompany the main man of Christmas – to the tune of Teddy Bears Picnic.
It reads: “If you go down to Prickwillow today
The phone box is in disguise
You may also want to watch:
If you dare peep at what’s going on
You’ll never believe your eyes
- 1 Man dies after falling from bridge on A14 between Histon and Milton
- 2 Rogue trader tells victim: 'I'll knock your lights out'
- 3 Council leader under fire for 'culture of bullying' in wake of farmgate scandal
- 4 Hickford QUITS ahead of damning report
- 5 Delivery riders and drivers wanted as Deliveroo launches in Ely
- 6 Golf club urges locals and dog walkers to ‘respect our private land’
- 7 Letter: Four new members join 'splash pad headquarters'
- 8 Ziggy is missing from Ely - your help is needed
- 9 Career mentor's 100k charity run aims to raise £1,000
- 10 Traffic, noise and anti-social behaviour among objections to new youth centre
‘Cause Santa’s there, as big as a van
He’s taken over, as only he can
Today’s the day that Santa moved into Prickwillow!”
The phone box, on Main Street, has become a centre piece in the village in recent years since being bought by villager Nick Edell for £1 in 2010.
It has previously had a makeover for Valentines Day, courtesy of Enchanted Flowers and Elizabeth Robertson, and last Christmas a huge angel was installed on its roof by Cary and Magenta Kang.
In 2014 it was transformed into a tinsel-covered bauble and was wrapped in paper and a bow in 2012.