Artsy phone box in Prickwillow is disguised as Santa for festive season
- Credit: Archant
Motorists may no longer be able to make a call at this artsy phone box in Prickwillow - but they can sure spot Santa.
The seasonal creation has been designed by local sculpture Cary Outis and sees a jolly Santa with his beard, red nose, glasses and hat take pride of place in the village.
Cary has also penned a song to accompany the main man of Christmas – to the tune of Teddy Bears Picnic.
It reads: “If you go down to Prickwillow today
The phone box is in disguise
You may also want to watch:
If you dare peep at what’s going on
You’ll never believe your eyes
- 1 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 4 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 5 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 6 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 7 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 8 Company ‘paralysed by Brexit’ forced to open warehouse in Holland
- 9 Environment Agency seize 52 illegal fishing devices from region’s rivers
- 10 East Cambridgeshire is ‘home to the noisiest neighbours in the country’
‘Cause Santa’s there, as big as a van
He’s taken over, as only he can
Today’s the day that Santa moved into Prickwillow!”
The phone box, on Main Street, has become a centre piece in the village in recent years since being bought by villager Nick Edell for £1 in 2010.
It has previously had a makeover for Valentines Day, courtesy of Enchanted Flowers and Elizabeth Robertson, and last Christmas a huge angel was installed on its roof by Cary and Magenta Kang.
In 2014 it was transformed into a tinsel-covered bauble and was wrapped in paper and a bow in 2012.