Rudolph the red phone box reindeer arrives in village
- Credit: Terry Harris
A disused red phone box in a Cambridgeshire village has been transformed for the 10th year running to bring festive cheer to those who pass it.
The phone box in Prickwillow, near Ely has been turned into Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer this year, by artist Cary Outis.
Last year, Cary, who bought the former parish church at Prickwillow, displayed a large Santa wearing a facemask on the phone box.
In previous years before that, it’s been a present, a sweet and a bauble.
The telephone box was bought by the parish council in 2010 and turned into a miniature art gallery.
Cary has created seven of the 10 designs that have been placed upon it.
The phonebox gallery can be found at Main Street, Prickwillow, CB74UN.
The Rudolph design will stay until December 31.
If you plan to visit the gallery in the coming days, take a photo and send to firstname.lastname@example.org - we’d love to feature them.
- 1 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 2 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 3 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 4 Missing woman back home
- 5 Petition launched to save village pub
- 6 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 7 College pupils bring School of Rock to life on stage
- 8 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 9 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 10 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told