Prickwillow Engine Museum to host 1960's themed event
- Credit: Archant
The Prickwillow Engine Museum will be holding a 1960’s themed event, complete with cars, music and dancing.
The museum is hosting their first 1960’s event, having their collection of restored engines running throughout the day alongside the other period themed attractions.
Live music will be played throughout by Billy G and the Heartbeats, playing popular 50’s and 60’s music including Elvis, Buddy Holly and Billy Fury.
Visitors are welcome to take to the dance floor and dress in era appropriate clothing.
There will also be period cars, scooters and motorcycles, as well as memorabilia displays, stalls and refreshments.
The Prickwillow Engine Museum can be found on Main Street in Prickwillow, Ely, east of St Peters church.
The event will be held on Sunday, August 7 2022 from 11am to 4pm.
- 1 See around £1.65m business park that offers eight industrial units
- 2 CCTV released after three people assaulted in city
- 3 New reservoir could secure region's water supply - but will cost over £1bn
- 4 Woman who assaulted police officer on prison release sent back to jail
- 5 Annual Green Fair returns to Ely for its second year
- 6 Organisers ‘touched’ after cat magazine donates £1.5k to ‘Garfy’ memorial
- 7 Recap: Tree on the tracks disrupts London, Stansted and Cambridge trains
- 8 Lorry carrying mobile home stopped on A14 in Suffolk for being too wide
- 9 Young woman from Ely wins Orwell Youth Prize
- 10 Police ‘increasingly concerned’ for man missing since Thursday
Adult admission is £5, childrens is £2, under 6 get in free, family tickets are £12 and concessions are £4.