Sixth annual Prickwillow Car Show proves to be a motoring success
- Credit: Archant
It was a successful outing for the sixth annual Prickwillow Car Show on Sunday.
Held at the Prickwillow Engine Museum, more than 60 classic cars were on display.
During the day, an invited guest toured the classic car display to select the car they would most like to take home, which was won by Mr Rayment with his 1933 Austin Seven.
The show attracted exhibitors and visitors from far afield, with museum volunteers running many of the large diesel pumping engines for all to enjoy.
Next Saturday (June 29), Prickwillow Engine Museum is hosting an evening with Port of Wells harbour master, Robert Smith MBE.
Author of 'Crossing the bar - Tales of a Harbour Master', Robert will not only discuss the history and workings of the port, but provide a glimpse of life as harbour master.
The event takes place between 5-10pm and the talk begins at 7.30pm, with refreshments and a barbecue also available between 5-7pm.
- 1 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 2 Mexican restaurant to open inside former Frankie & Benny's in Ely
- 3 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 4 Ex-soldier Rob on a mission to bring 'ideas and energy' to Ely
- 5 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 6 Soham tribute to 'honest, funny, intelligent and understanding human being'
- 7 'A little talent very thinly spread' Mike Rouse, in his own words
- 8 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 9 Students ‘over the moon’ to receive letter from The Queen during project
- 10 ‘It’s been like this for 11 months’ - woman’s assisted refuse collection failure
Entry is £6 in advance or £8 on the door.
To book tickets, call 01353 720737 or 01353 778442.