Ely travel agency raises hundreds for Arthur Rank Hospice
- Credit: Archant
Staff at an Ely travel agency raised nearly £200 for the Arthur Rank Hospice by hosting a raffle – with a cruise as the main prize.
Premier Travel, based in Forehill, held the fundraising event in aid of the Lisa Barnes Memorial Funds, which raises funds for the hospice.
The travel firm organised a raffle with a cruise as the prize, with all proceeds raised going to the charity.
Ely travel consultant Laura Ashley presented a cheque to local fundraiser Robert Barnes, who lives in Ely, on behalf of Arthur Rank.
Sue Steel, branch manager at Premier Travel’s Ely branch, said: “Robert does a lot of charity work and fundraising for Arthur Rank in memory of his late wife and was delighted with our donation on behalf of the charity.”
You may also want to watch:
Premier Travel’s other branches and staff at its head office pitched in to raise money for the cause.
Visit http://www.arhc.org.uk/ for more about the charity.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 8 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 9 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour
- 10 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'