Ely travel agency raises hundreds for Arthur Rank Hospice
- Credit: Archant
Staff at an Ely travel agency raised nearly £200 for the Arthur Rank Hospice by hosting a raffle – with a cruise as the main prize.
Premier Travel, based in Forehill, held the fundraising event in aid of the Lisa Barnes Memorial Funds, which raises funds for the hospice.
The travel firm organised a raffle with a cruise as the prize, with all proceeds raised going to the charity.
Ely travel consultant Laura Ashley presented a cheque to local fundraiser Robert Barnes, who lives in Ely, on behalf of Arthur Rank.
Sue Steel, branch manager at Premier Travel’s Ely branch, said: “Robert does a lot of charity work and fundraising for Arthur Rank in memory of his late wife and was delighted with our donation on behalf of the charity.”
You may also want to watch:
Premier Travel’s other branches and staff at its head office pitched in to raise money for the cause.
Visit http://www.arhc.org.uk/ for more about the charity.
- 1 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 2 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 3 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
- 4 Tyler Goodjohn ready to enter lion's den in world title bid
- 5 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 6 Letters: How could we afford 120 police officers for boat race?
- 7 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 8 Motorcycle firm gearing up to show off lockdown project
- 9 Jail for bank card fraudster caught on CCTV
- 10 Offensive graffiti: ‘Hate crimes have no place in Cambridgeshire’