Pregnant Woman Involved In Fracas In Ely Tells Court She Is Sorry
PREGNANT Kimberley Lyon hit a woman in the face during a fracas in The Cloisters shopping mall in Ely. She used her clenched fist to hit Rebecca Storey in the face a number of times, prosecutor Laura Mardell told city magistrates. The complainant broke
PREGNANT Kimberley Lyon hit a woman in the face during a fracas in The Cloisters shopping mall in Ely.
"She used her clenched fist to hit Rebecca Storey in the face a number of times," prosecutor Laura Mardell told city magistrates.
"The complainant broke off, but the defendant kept screaming and hitting her."
Lyon, 25, of High Street, Stretham, admitted assaulting Ms Storey on November 12.
But solicitor Michael Judkins said a maximum of two punches were delivered by Lyon.
"She felt intimidated, she was seven or eight months pregnant," he said. "She very much regrets this incident and wants to say sorry to the victim."
- 1 Pair trapped after A142 crash rescued from ditch
- 2 'Rubberneckers' cause second crash trying to view overturned lorry
- 3 Woman, 80, dies following A141 crash
- 4 Covid sweeps across Cambridgeshire as summer wave takes hold
- 5 Have you seen Harry Gibson? He's wanted by police
- 6 Village farm buildings targeted in arson attack
- 7 Chapel conversion withdrawn following stinging rebuke
- 8 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' following A1303 crash
- 9 Councillors left disappointed as decision made on £37m station project
- 10 Budding musicians hit the right note at 25th annual awards evening
The court gave Lyon a 24-month conditional discharge and ordered her to pay �85 costs.