Pregnant Woman Involved In Fracas In Ely Tells Court She Is Sorry
PREGNANT Kimberley Lyon hit a woman in the face during a fracas in The Cloisters shopping mall in Ely. She used her clenched fist to hit Rebecca Storey in the face a number of times, prosecutor Laura Mardell told city magistrates. The complainant broke
PREGNANT Kimberley Lyon hit a woman in the face during a fracas in The Cloisters shopping mall in Ely.
"She used her clenched fist to hit Rebecca Storey in the face a number of times," prosecutor Laura Mardell told city magistrates.
"The complainant broke off, but the defendant kept screaming and hitting her."
Lyon, 25, of High Street, Stretham, admitted assaulting Ms Storey on November 12.
You may also want to watch:
But solicitor Michael Judkins said a maximum of two punches were delivered by Lyon.
"She felt intimidated, she was seven or eight months pregnant," he said. "She very much regrets this incident and wants to say sorry to the victim."
- 1 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 2 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 3 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 4 Former deputy mayor wants to move Newmarket to Cambridgeshire
- 5 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 6 Glamping site granted drinks licence despite neighbours' protests
- 7 East Cambs could be getting five new walking routes
- 8 Annual classic car show returns to Ely
- 9 Book tickets for brewery’s summer jazz party
- 10 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
The court gave Lyon a 24-month conditional discharge and ordered her to pay �85 costs.