Pregnant Woman Involved In Fracas In Ely Tells Court She Is Sorry
PREGNANT Kimberley Lyon hit a woman in the face during a fracas in The Cloisters shopping mall in Ely. She used her clenched fist to hit Rebecca Storey in the face a number of times, prosecutor Laura Mardell told city magistrates. The complainant broke
PREGNANT Kimberley Lyon hit a woman in the face during a fracas in The Cloisters shopping mall in Ely.
"She used her clenched fist to hit Rebecca Storey in the face a number of times," prosecutor Laura Mardell told city magistrates.
"The complainant broke off, but the defendant kept screaming and hitting her."
Lyon, 25, of High Street, Stretham, admitted assaulting Ms Storey on November 12.
You may also want to watch:
But solicitor Michael Judkins said a maximum of two punches were delivered by Lyon.
"She felt intimidated, she was seven or eight months pregnant," he said. "She very much regrets this incident and wants to say sorry to the victim."
- 1 BBC camera crews hosted by Ely Business Park during Boat Race
- 2 Wildlife-loving boy, 9, saves six abandoned ducklings
- 3 Sheep saved after taking short-cut on busy rail line
- 4 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 5 More anti-Semitic graffiti appears in Ely
- 6 Bodybuilding world champion raises £540 ahead of charity beauty pageant
- 7 'We plotted our downfall' admits boss after five-goal cup thriller
- 8 Artist's poignant painting in memory of HRH Prince Philip
- 9 Charity chief executive raises £646 by running 252 miles in 71 days
- 10 Letters: Bishop's prayer, bell salute, litter problems and search for family
The court gave Lyon a 24-month conditional discharge and ordered her to pay �85 costs.