Pregnant Woman Involved In Fracas In Ely Tells Court She Is Sorry
PREGNANT Kimberley Lyon hit a woman in the face during a fracas in The Cloisters shopping mall in Ely. She used her clenched fist to hit Rebecca Storey in the face a number of times, prosecutor Laura Mardell told city magistrates. The complainant broke
PREGNANT Kimberley Lyon hit a woman in the face during a fracas in The Cloisters shopping mall in Ely.
"She used her clenched fist to hit Rebecca Storey in the face a number of times," prosecutor Laura Mardell told city magistrates.
"The complainant broke off, but the defendant kept screaming and hitting her."
Lyon, 25, of High Street, Stretham, admitted assaulting Ms Storey on November 12.
But solicitor Michael Judkins said a maximum of two punches were delivered by Lyon.
"She felt intimidated, she was seven or eight months pregnant," he said. "She very much regrets this incident and wants to say sorry to the victim."
- 1 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 2 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 3 Firm announces acquisition of independent planning firm
- 4 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 5 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 6 Dental practice plan move to industrial park
- 7 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 8 Rudolph the red phone box reindeer arrives in village
- 9 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 10 A10 dualling facing new challenges
The court gave Lyon a 24-month conditional discharge and ordered her to pay �85 costs.