Praise for fire service after trapped horse is rescued
- Credit: Archant
Soham businessman Jonathan James was full of praise for firefighters after they helped rescue his trapped horse.
Mr James said his horse, called Monty, suffered deep cuts after getting his foot stuck in a window and praised firefighters for their “excellent service”.
On Twitter, Mr James said: “Massive thanks to Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service for helping us release a trapped and very distressed horse. Very swift response. Excellent service.
“Our horse, Monty, has deep cuts to his leg but otherwise ok.”
A crew from Soham fire station and a crew and rescue vehicle from Cambridge were called to Rose Field Lane, in Soham, shortly before 4am on January 1.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “A large horse, which was very distressed, had trapped its rear foot in the metal bars of a steel barred window.
“Firefighters used specialist animal rescue techniques and cutting equipment to release the animal by 4.21am.”
- 1 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up
- 2 Potamogeton Trichoides has the last word on £6.5m Mepal crematorium
- 3 Theatre group stream panto online for those who missed it due to lockdown
- 4 Gin could be just the tonic needed for dilapidated farm buildings
- 5 Spat at police officer tests positive for Covid-19
- 6 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 7 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 8 Company ‘paralysed by Brexit’ forced to open warehouse in Holland
- 9 Viewers react to 'brilliant' 24 Hours in Police Custody: Black Widow
- 10 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son