Praise for fire service after trapped horse is rescued
- Credit: Archant
Soham businessman Jonathan James was full of praise for firefighters after they helped rescue his trapped horse.
Mr James said his horse, called Monty, suffered deep cuts after getting his foot stuck in a window and praised firefighters for their “excellent service”.
On Twitter, Mr James said: “Massive thanks to Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service for helping us release a trapped and very distressed horse. Very swift response. Excellent service.
“Our horse, Monty, has deep cuts to his leg but otherwise ok.”
A crew from Soham fire station and a crew and rescue vehicle from Cambridge were called to Rose Field Lane, in Soham, shortly before 4am on January 1.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “A large horse, which was very distressed, had trapped its rear foot in the metal bars of a steel barred window.
“Firefighters used specialist animal rescue techniques and cutting equipment to release the animal by 4.21am.”
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 3 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 4 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 10 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound