Pictures to show pothole repairs on Cambridgeshire roads
- Credit: Archant
Potholes that need minor repairs on Cambridgeshire roads will have before and after pictures taken of them.
Cambridgeshire County Council's highways maintenance contractor Skanska said the new system will be brought in to demonstrate the work is being done.
The company's business director, John Birkenhead said: "It is more of an auditing process than anything else to check that we are actually doing what we say we are doing."
He said it would likely help improve the company's relationship with the public, but said he felt that is not something the company has a problem with currently.
"We don't get too many complaints," he said, noting they carry out tens of thousands of repair works.
The county council encourages residents to report potholes and other repair issues using its highways reporting tool.
According to the website: "Faults reported in this way will be assessed by a local highways officer within 10 working days."
- 1 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 2 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 3 Villagers can be proud says school head as Ofsted gives thumbs up
- 4 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 5 See inside this Grade II listed former pub with self-contained annexe
- 6 Three brass instruments worth £20k stolen from church
- 7 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree arrives at Ely Cathedral
- 8 Hand clinic offering additional type of treatment for arthritis sufferers
- 9 'Energy and hope' on the agenda for new Ely mayor
- 10 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
More than 58,000 potholes were fixed last year, and that is just one of many kings of maintenance work carried out.
The county council will be naming its two "dragon patcher" pothole repair vehicles to mark a year of service on September 19.
Gritters in the county are already named Gritney Spears, Brad Grit, and Usain Salt.