Frozen potato rips ‘bizarrely large hole’ in woman’s car on A10
- Credit: Lizzy Doe
A frozen potato which fell from a lorry on the A10 has caused extensive damage to a woman’s car – ripping a “bizarrely large hole” in the bumper.
Lizzy Doe was driving along the main stretch of road between Ely and Waterbeach on Tuesday (January 5) when the incident happened.
“We reckon because it was early morning and extremely cold, maybe it was sort of semi-frozen which made it more dangerous,” said the local illustrator.
Ms Doe has dubbed the incident “the most Fen accident ever” and believes the “repair will cost loads” due to the wrecked bumper.
She said: “It ripped a big hole in one panel, dented another, cracked the wheel arch AND broke the indicator light.
You may also want to watch:
“I hope it's fixable. It's not the end of the world but it's a lot worse than we expected when we stopped to have a look.
“I thought there might have been a small dent at worst. It would be a good to encourage lorry drivers to cover their loads!”
- 1 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 4 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 5 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 6 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 7 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 8 Environment Agency seize 52 illegal fishing devices from region’s rivers
- 9 Care home still 'requires improvement'
- 10 East Cambridgeshire is ‘home to the noisiest neighbours in the country’