Frozen potato rips ‘bizarrely large hole’ in woman’s car on A10
- Credit: Lizzy Doe
A frozen potato which fell from a lorry on the A10 has caused extensive damage to a woman’s car – ripping a “bizarrely large hole” in the bumper.
Lizzy Doe was driving along the main stretch of road between Ely and Waterbeach on Tuesday (January 5) when the incident happened.
“We reckon because it was early morning and extremely cold, maybe it was sort of semi-frozen which made it more dangerous,” said the local illustrator.
Ms Doe has dubbed the incident “the most Fen accident ever” and believes the “repair will cost loads” due to the wrecked bumper.
She said: “It ripped a big hole in one panel, dented another, cracked the wheel arch AND broke the indicator light.
You may also want to watch:
“I hope it's fixable. It's not the end of the world but it's a lot worse than we expected when we stopped to have a look.
“I thought there might have been a small dent at worst. It would be a good to encourage lorry drivers to cover their loads!”
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 6 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 7 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 10 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor