Post offices rallying call
SOHAM and Haddenham s postmasters lodged their protests with the Government over the threat to the country s post offices at a rally last Wednesday. John Trinder, from Soham, and Steve Edwards, from Haddenham, backed a rally of Parliament by the National
SOHAM and Haddenham's postmasters lodged their protests with the Government over the threat to the country's post offices at a rally last Wednesday.
John Trinder, from Soham, and Steve Edwards, from Haddenham, backed a rally of Parliament by the National Federation of Sub-Postmasters.
The call for their support came following the closure of 10 post offices in south east Cambridgeshire in the past seven years.
They joined the area's MP, Jim Paice, for the rally which drew support from across the country.
You may also want to watch:
Pictured (from left) are John, Jim and Steve with their campaign banner in London.
- 1 'I feel alive for the first time': Slimmer lost half his body weight in lockdown
- 2 Plans revealed for new A10 pedestrian bridge
- 3 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 4 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 5 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 6 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 7 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 8 Matt’s 46-day charity cycle from Burwell to Istanbul raises over £2,000
- 9 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 10 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze