On the move to new premises - city post office moves to St Mary’s Street
- Credit: Archant
A new post office for Ely will open on November 6 in St Mary’s Street.
An empty shop formerly used as a factory shoe outlet, is being revamped.
It will also be a stationery, gift, accessories, and repair shop.
“A new permanent ramp has been installed at the entrance providing level access into the premises,” said a Post Office spokesperson.
The existing branch at Central Hall, 52-54 Market Street, will close close.
“This move to St Mary’s Street will allow a new permanent postmaster to provide Post Office services to Ely for the long term,” said the spokesperson.
Anil Verma, who operates Grafton Post Office, has been appointed to operate the branch. The current Ely staff will transfer to the new premises.
- 1 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 2 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 3 Shoplifter who stole from store 10 times in five weeks handed CBO
- 4 Girl, 7, left heartbroken after beloved rabbits are stolen
- 5 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 6 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 7 Motorcyclist caught ‘speeding over 100mph’ past police near Ely
- 8 Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 9 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
- 10 'Normally unacceptable' barn demolition wins green light
The spokesperson said: “There will be a dedicated area of the store with two screened positions, offering the full range of services.!
“There will also be a low-screened, modern Post Office till at the retail counter offering most Post Office products and services”.
The opening hours will be Monday to Saturday: 9am – 5.30pm.