On the move to new premises - city post office moves to St Mary’s Street
- Credit: Archant
A new post office for Ely will open on November 6 in St Mary’s Street.
An empty shop formerly used as a factory shoe outlet, is being revamped.
It will also be a stationery, gift, accessories, and repair shop.
“A new permanent ramp has been installed at the entrance providing level access into the premises,” said a Post Office spokesperson.
The existing branch at Central Hall, 52-54 Market Street, will close close.
You may also want to watch:
“This move to St Mary’s Street will allow a new permanent postmaster to provide Post Office services to Ely for the long term,” said the spokesperson.
Anil Verma, who operates Grafton Post Office, has been appointed to operate the branch. The current Ely staff will transfer to the new premises.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 3 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 4 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 5 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 6 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 9 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 10 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
The spokesperson said: “There will be a dedicated area of the store with two screened positions, offering the full range of services.!
“There will also be a low-screened, modern Post Office till at the retail counter offering most Post Office products and services”.
The opening hours will be Monday to Saturday: 9am – 5.30pm.