Post Office in Haddenham to move to shop location next month
- Credit: Archant
The Post Office in Haddenham will begin life in its new home from mid-June.
The village branch, currently on 21 High Street, will move into and share the premises with SPAR at 5 High Street from Thursday June 16 at 1pm.
It will open as a modern ‘local’ style branch, with services provided from two open-plan tills at the shop counter from 6am until 10pm from Monday to Saturday and 7am until 9pm on Sundays.
The move is part of a major modernisation programme across the Post Office network, designed to make it easer for customers to do business.
Regional manager, Will Russell, said: “We are making it easier for customers to get their cash, send and collect their mail and do their banking because we know how important these services are to local residents. We are confident that this vibrant new-style Post Office at the heart of the local community will meet customer needs.
You may also want to watch:
“This modernisation is part of a major investment programme, the largest in the history of the Post Office and will secure services for the future.”
The village’s current branch will close on Wednesday June 15 at 5.30pm.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 9 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k