Post office among top ten in the south east
WITCHFORD Post Office has come out in the top 10 rural post offices in the south east. The Main Street branch was just pipped at the post for the regional title. The awards aim to recognise the hard work and community spirit of people working in post
WITCHFORD Post Office has come out in the top 10 rural post offices in the south east.
The Main Street branch was just pipped at the post for the regional title.
The awards aim to recognise the hard work and community spirit of people working in post offices. There are prizes for the best rural, town and city, and directly managed branches.
There are also three special award categories for subpostmasters and their teams who do 'that little bit extra' to offer customers a great service.
A Post Office spokesperson said: "Post Office branches are at the heart of communities across the country.
"The awards are an opportunity for customers to tell us which branches are the very best.
- 1 'He saved my life' - Karolina thanks optician after spotting unknown brain tumour
- 2 Baby murder trial hears mother joked tot self-harmed
- 3 Two suffer serious injuries after A10 crash
- 4 Knife attack man hid over £3,500 of drugs at mum's home
- 5 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 6 Jail for paedophile who photographed abuse
- 7 Seven places where £4.9m road maintenance has been approved
- 8 Farmer wins appeal to convert derelict barn into a house
- 9 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 10 Man caught red-handed after series of drug raids
"It is also an opportunity for us to reward the people who give that bit more and make their branches great places for customers to visit."
National winners will be announced on November 16 at an awards ceremony in central