Popular village show set for return
THE Littleport show WILL be back in 2012, organisers announced to the Ely Standard this week.
The show, which was under threat of being permanently cancelled due to a lack of volunteers, is set for a revamp next year in a bid to get it back on its feet.
The 2012 show has been officially set for July 28 and will take place at its traditional home, Highfield.
This year’s show was cancelled after only five people put themselves forward for the organising committee and a desperate appeal for help was issued.
At the show’s AGM held last week, however, 17 people answered the call for help and it was decided to press ahead with next year’s event.
You may also want to watch:
Committee member Derek Timbers was pleased with the turnout, “It was good to see some new faces at the meeting and they seem enthusiastic about helping out and putting on a good show.
“The new members will help spread the load a bit and it was decided to go ahead with the show because we thought if we didn’t get it going again next year, we’d lose it forever.”
- 1 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 2 Car hits A14 barrier near Newmarket
- 3 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up
- 4 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 5 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 6 Retirement complex proposals encounter a sticky situation
- 7 Potamogeton Trichoides has the last word on £6.5m Mepal crematorium
- 8 Village’s community Co-op will open next month after New Year delays
- 9 Win vouchers to spend at supermarket
- 10 Gin could be just the tonic needed for dilapidated farm buildings
New volunteers are still welcome to attend and organisers are also on the look out for sponsors and entertainment acts to come forward. Contact Derek on 07867906026.