Popular village show set for return
THE Littleport show WILL be back in 2012, organisers announced to the Ely Standard this week.
The show, which was under threat of being permanently cancelled due to a lack of volunteers, is set for a revamp next year in a bid to get it back on its feet.
The 2012 show has been officially set for July 28 and will take place at its traditional home, Highfield.
This year’s show was cancelled after only five people put themselves forward for the organising committee and a desperate appeal for help was issued.
At the show’s AGM held last week, however, 17 people answered the call for help and it was decided to press ahead with next year’s event.
You may also want to watch:
Committee member Derek Timbers was pleased with the turnout, “It was good to see some new faces at the meeting and they seem enthusiastic about helping out and putting on a good show.
“The new members will help spread the load a bit and it was decided to go ahead with the show because we thought if we didn’t get it going again next year, we’d lose it forever.”
- 1 Independent shop full of fresh food – despite national shortage
- 2 Christmas lights switch-on event cancelled over 'Covid uncertainty'
- 3 Mark's 27 unanswered questions over volunteers to control parking
- 4 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 5 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 6 Did you bite your husband's leg? ‘No, he knocked all my teeth out- I could not bite his leg’
- 7 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 8 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 9 Van driver in ‘life threatening condition’ after crash
- 10 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
New volunteers are still welcome to attend and organisers are also on the look out for sponsors and entertainment acts to come forward. Contact Derek on 07867906026.