Popular village show set for return
THE Littleport show WILL be back in 2012, organisers announced to the Ely Standard this week.
The show, which was under threat of being permanently cancelled due to a lack of volunteers, is set for a revamp next year in a bid to get it back on its feet.
The 2012 show has been officially set for July 28 and will take place at its traditional home, Highfield.
This year’s show was cancelled after only five people put themselves forward for the organising committee and a desperate appeal for help was issued.
At the show’s AGM held last week, however, 17 people answered the call for help and it was decided to press ahead with next year’s event.
Committee member Derek Timbers was pleased with the turnout, “It was good to see some new faces at the meeting and they seem enthusiastic about helping out and putting on a good show.
“The new members will help spread the load a bit and it was decided to go ahead with the show because we thought if we didn’t get it going again next year, we’d lose it forever.”
- 1 Popular food and leisure hub plans win over planners
- 2 £4.8m loan to transform office block into flats repaid
- 3 Take a look inside £600,000 period home with 'outstanding charm'
- 4 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 5 Meet the boat hire firm aiming to become perfect 'stress-free' tonic
- 6 Santas learn how to put the Ho Ho Ho into Christmas
- 7 New deadline for £6m crematorium decision
- 8 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 9 Here’s what you can expect at Ely Folk Festival 2022
- 10 Person hit by train between Manea and Peterborough
New volunteers are still welcome to attend and organisers are also on the look out for sponsors and entertainment acts to come forward. Contact Derek on 07867906026.