Popular village show set for return
THE Littleport show WILL be back in 2012, organisers announced to the Ely Standard this week.
The show, which was under threat of being permanently cancelled due to a lack of volunteers, is set for a revamp next year in a bid to get it back on its feet.
The 2012 show has been officially set for July 28 and will take place at its traditional home, Highfield.
This year’s show was cancelled after only five people put themselves forward for the organising committee and a desperate appeal for help was issued.
At the show’s AGM held last week, however, 17 people answered the call for help and it was decided to press ahead with next year’s event.
You may also want to watch:
Committee member Derek Timbers was pleased with the turnout, “It was good to see some new faces at the meeting and they seem enthusiastic about helping out and putting on a good show.
“The new members will help spread the load a bit and it was decided to go ahead with the show because we thought if we didn’t get it going again next year, we’d lose it forever.”
- 1 Police swoop on Chatteris housing estate following machete threat
- 2 Shoppers rush to help man injured after falling in High Street
- 3 Lockdown easing - 10 pubs and restaurants say welcome back
- 4 Residents 'horrified' by Swastika graffiti in grounds of Ely Cathedral
- 5 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 6 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 7 ‘We are still struggling to cope’: Pet rescuers face ‘horrific situation’
- 8 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 9 Man remains in custody after 'firearm and threat to kill' arrest
- 10 Littleport marks Royal British Legion centenary year with moving ceremony
New volunteers are still welcome to attend and organisers are also on the look out for sponsors and entertainment acts to come forward. Contact Derek on 07867906026.