Tickets ‘expected to sell quickly’ for third Ely Colour Dash
- Credit: Archant
It’s set to be a sell-out race for one of Ely’s most popular events, the colour dash, as it returns to the city for its third year running.
The event, held at King’s Ely on Saturday August 11, will see entrants pace their way through the five-kilometre (three mile) course, showered with clouds of powder paint.
Hosted by East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH), the race has no competitive aspect, instead organisers are calling it a “truly impressive, multi-coloured” fun run.
Polly West, EACH Cambridgeshire community fundraiser, said: “We’re very excited to be bringing a splash of colour to Ely once again this year.”
EACH cares for children and young people with life-threatening conditions across East Anglia, and supports their families.
You may also want to watch:
It costs the charity almost £6 million a year to deliver its services and all funds raised at the Ely Colour Dash will go towards providing these.
Early bird priced tickets are available until June 4. Included in the price is a warm up, cup of paint, t-shirt, running number and water.
To book your place, visit: www.each.org.uk/colour-dashes
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 5 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 6 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 7 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze