Popular Ely Apple Festival to return this Saturday
- Credit: Helen Drake
One of Ely’s best loved festivals makes a welcome return on Saturday - now in its 20th year.
Held on Palace Green, opposite Ely Cathedral, the Ely Apple Festival will be joining in with the National Apple Day celebrations by providing a range of apple related competitions and activities.
Running from 10am until 4pm this Saturday (October 19) there will be demonstrations, birds of prey and storytelling.
Competitions will run throughout the day including the ever-popular longest apple peel competition, apple and spoon races and the apple shy.
Experts from East of England Apples and Orchard Project will be in attendance to identify any apples.
You may also want to watch:
Visit Ely's event organiser, Aileen Sharp said: "Ely's Apple Festival has established itself as being one of the best and longest running apple events in the region.
"The festival provides interest and intrigue whether you are interested in the educational, environmental or simply fun angle of the day."
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 3 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 4 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 10 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound