Popular annual model rail exhibition returns to Ely
- Credit: Archant
Ely and District Model Railway Club brings its annual exhibition back to Ely College tomorrow (Saturday, May 17).
The exhibition attracts about 1,000 visitors a year to the Downham Road school and offers a range of fun and games including displays, models, rail rides and trade stands.
Club member John Crisp, said: “There will be 15 high quality model railway layouts at the show from around the region and beyond in various gauges, scales and periods and which represent different aspects of this very popular hobby.
“In addition there will be live model steam train rides outside, trade stands selling new and second-hand model railway equipment and plenty of advice from exhibitors and Ely club members for anyone thinking of making a start in the hobby.”
This year will also give enthusiasts a final chance to admire the club’s Thurston layout, which has won multiple awards at displays across the UK.
You may also want to watch:
The exhibition will run from 10.30am-5pm. Entry is £5 for adults and £3 for children 5-18, with under fives free. Refreshments will be available and there is free parking on site.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment