Popular annual model rail exhibition returns to Ely
- Credit: Archant
Ely and District Model Railway Club brings its annual exhibition back to Ely College tomorrow (Saturday, May 17).
The exhibition attracts about 1,000 visitors a year to the Downham Road school and offers a range of fun and games including displays, models, rail rides and trade stands.
Club member John Crisp, said: “There will be 15 high quality model railway layouts at the show from around the region and beyond in various gauges, scales and periods and which represent different aspects of this very popular hobby.
“In addition there will be live model steam train rides outside, trade stands selling new and second-hand model railway equipment and plenty of advice from exhibitors and Ely club members for anyone thinking of making a start in the hobby.”
This year will also give enthusiasts a final chance to admire the club’s Thurston layout, which has won multiple awards at displays across the UK.
You may also want to watch:
The exhibition will run from 10.30am-5pm. Entry is £5 for adults and £3 for children 5-18, with under fives free. Refreshments will be available and there is free parking on site.
- 1 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 2 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening
- 3 Ely named the UK’s most baby-friendly location
- 4 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 5 Ely man caught after nine months on the run from Suffolk prison
- 6 Burglary tip-off unearths £1.38m cannabis 'factory'
- 7 Contractors 'did not follow the brief' when it came to drain maintenance
- 8 Cineworld Ely expected to reopen in May
- 9 Slimmer launches weight loss group after losing three stone
- 10 Lunging challenge in boyfriend's memory raises thousands for charity