Pop down to Soham’s new Asda and get money off your next copy of the Ely Standard!
- Credit: Archant
Soham’s Asda supermarket is now up and running and, to mark its successful opening, we will be outside the store to hand out special discount vouchers.
Keep a look out for the Ely Standard team from 11am today (Thursday) for your chance to get a free voucher entitling you to money off your next copy of the paper.
Asda purchased the former Budgens store from James Graven & Son and were kept busy during June refitting the Clay Street outlet.
The honour of cutting the ribbon on Monday fell to the Rev Tim Alban Jones, of St Andrew’s Church, in Soham.
Other guests who attended included East Cambridgeshire councillor Colin Fordham, Soham Village College’s George Price and Soham resident Robert Barnes, from the Lisa Barnes Memorial Fund, who received a £100 donation.
You may also want to watch:
There was also a bouncy castle and slide for children to enjoy.
Store manager Stuart Calver said: “It’s an exciting time for Soham and this new development will help to boost the attractiveness of the town centre, as well as enabling residents in Soham to do their shopping locally, rather than having to travel to other areas.
- 1 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 2 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 3 Everything you need to know about Mad Hatters eco festival
- 4 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 5 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 6 Second World War and SAS hero remembered with new street signs
- 7 Footballer hopes Wembley 'dream' can bolster Cambridge career
- 8 Ely named the UK’s most baby-friendly location
- 9 Nostalgic throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 10 Elections 2021: Polling Day across Cambridgeshire
“We hope the new Asda Soham can become an important facility for the community to benefit from.”