Pool Match in Ely To Raise Money For Joshua
A POOL champion who read about Joshua Hinchliffe s story in the Ely Standard is organising a fund-raising event to help buy the six-year-old a mini Land Rover. Terry Foster, who plays pool at county level and is a regular at the Royal Standard pub in Ely
A POOL champion who read about Joshua Hinchliffe's story in the Ely Standard is organising a fund-raising event to help buy the six-year-old a mini Land Rover.
Terry Foster, who plays pool at county level and is a regular at the Royal Standard pub in Ely, has organised a 12-hour pool marathon on November 9.
The competition will be held at the Glass House, Fore Hill, 11am-11pm. Teams are invited to compete for a small fee, which will be put towards helping Joshua have a wonderful Christmas.
There will also be a raffle on the day, and on November 11, the proceeds of the pub's regular quiz night, which starts at 8pm, will also go to Joshua.
You may also want to watch:
"I was so moved by Joshua's story that I decided to dedicate some time in fundraising," said Mr Foster. "Let's try and help make this a wonderful Christmas for him."
Joshua, who lives in Southery and has cancer in his liver, abdomen, pelvis and stomach lining, loves cars, especially Land Rovers.
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
The Ely Standard is collecting 'get well' cards for Joshua after his mum Janette told us it cheers him up when he receives them, so far, readers have responded magnificently and we have been able to pass on hundreds of cards and gifts to Joshua.
INFO: If you would like to enter the pool competition, contact Mr Foster on 07999 802826
Send your 'get well' cards to: Joshua Hinchliffe, the Ely Standard, 38 Market Street, Ely, Cambs, CB7 4LS. You can also leave a message at: www.elystandard24.co.uk/joshua
n EVERY Halloween, Littleport residents club together to create a spooky-themed enclave - and a safe place for children to trick or treat.
This year Stuart and Carol Palmer and their fellow residents in Friar's Place will put a bucket outside their decorated homes to collect funds for the Children's Cancer Ward at Addenbrooke's (C2) where Joshua is receiving treatment. Last year, the couple raised almost £700 for CLIC Sargent. Children and their families are welcome to head down to the spookily-decorated homes from 6pm on Friday.
Terry Foster (left) and Richard Armitage preparing for the pool match at the Royal Standard.
Photo: HELEN DRAKE