Polly will be front-of-house for head teachers’ conference
- Credit: Archant
Littleport teenager Polly Sizer will be showing off her skills at one of the country’s top education conferences – in front of a room full of head teachers.
The 18-year-old catering and hospitality student at Cambridge Regional College has been chosen as a key volunteer at the Association of Colleges’ annual conference in November, meeting and greeting visitors and taking a front-of-house role.
Among the high profile guests at the conference will be Skills Minister Nick Bowles, Business Secretary Vince Cable and education technology pioneer Conrad Wolfram. The event will be attended by the heads of further and higher education colleges and sixth forms from across the country.
Polly, from Fallowfield, Littleport, and fellow CRC student Kieren, 19, from Duxford, were put forward for the event by CRC lecturer Sharon Barry.
“They are both outstanding students and I know they will do a fantastic job,” she said. “We have been told the quality of submissions was extremely high, so we are absolutely delighted that Kieren and Polly were chosen to take a lead role at such an important event. It will be a wonderful experience for them.”
You may also want to watch:
Polly said it was a big honour to have been chosen to work at the conference.
“We are part of the event management team, so we’ll be meeting and greeting and assisting the delegates. It is a highly responsible job and only a few of us in the country were chosen.”
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 4 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 5 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 6 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 7 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 8 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 9 Ely man caught after nine months on the run from Suffolk prison
- 10 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening
The event takes place at the International Convention Centre in Birmingham from November 18-20.