Police warn people in East Cambridgeshire to secure their homes after burglars target three houses in one night in Ely
- Credit: Archant
Police are urging people in East Cambridgeshire to keep their doors and windows locked after a spate of burglaries in Ely.
Burglars have stolen mobile phones, fishing equipment and garden tools in recent weeks, and three houses in Ramsey Road were broken into in one night last month.
At least one of those houses was not properly secured, prompting the warning from police.
Detective Constable Simon Rampley said: “There were three burglaries in the Ramsey Road area on March 31, all happening late at night.
“We urge residents to be on the lookout for suspicious activity and to also take the correct measures in order to protect your property.
You may also want to watch:
“Residents are advised to invest in a visible intruder alarm box as these are one of the biggest deterrents to an opportunist burglar.
“Alternatively, please log onto the Cambridgeshire Constabulary website for more crime prevention advice.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 3 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 4 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 5 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 10 Labour backs calls for extra Covid-19 safety measures in schools
“Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101, call Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111 or visit https://crimestoppers-uk.org/.”