Police warn of phone scam
POLICE are warning people to be vigilant after reports of a telephone scam.
Several people have contacted police after receiving calls requesting their bank details.
The scammers, who have the name, date of birth and address of the recipient, claimed they were entitled to a refund from their banks before asking for their details.
When they refused to give the details, the caller threatened to black list their account.
A police spokesman said: “I would urge people to remain vigilant and never disclose personal information such as bank account details over the phone.
You may also want to watch:
“If you get a call offering you something that sounds too good to be true, it generally is.”
- 1 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 2 Fire crews called to stables building blaze
- 3 'Support this local attraction,’ MP urges on museum visit
- 4 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 5 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 8 Caught on camera: milk thieves strike in the city
- 9 Ely Museum team member retires after 16 years' service
- 10 9 hidden gems of East Anglia by rail from Cambridgeshire