Local police team visits Isle of Ely Primary School to meet the children and talk about what police do
- Credit: Archant
Ely PCSO Kat Deronal and PC Malcolm Wood visited the Isle of Ely Primary School to meet the children and talk about what the police do.
Police were asked questions and all the children took the opportunity to try on some uniforms and have some pictures taken.
It was PC Wood’s first time in front of an audience and he said: “It was a tough crowd but I think I won them over.
“It was a lovely experience and it’s nice to get the opportunity to meet some of the younger members of the community, and the teachers who do such a brilliant job educating them.
“School engagement and youth engagement is an important part of protecting the community and crime prevention. The constabulary is keen to build long lasting and positive relationships with young people.”
You may also want to watch:
Primary schools that would like a visit from a constable or a PCSO should call 101 and ask for Ely police station.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 3 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 4 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 5 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 6 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 7 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 10 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’