Police urge caution after spike in thefts in Soham and Burwell areas
- Credit: Archant
Police in East Cambs have reported a surge in thefts from outbuildings and vehicles, in the villages surrounding Soham and Burwell.
Officers are asking residents to be extra vigilant and to report any suspicious goings on in their neighbourhoods.
Overnight between Monday and the early hours of Tuesday, thieves raided several premises on The Shade Business Park, in Soham.
Between 5.15pm on Monday and 7am the following day, thieves broke into a number of premises and made of with a jet wash, chainsaw and can of diesel were stolen. It is understood that they also stole a safe containing hundreds of pounds.
Officers said they had also received reports of a man searching around properties in the village of Reach and were keen to speak to the individual pictured - though there is no suggestion at this stage of any wrongdoing.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 4 Policing stepped up to tackle criminal damage and anti-social behaviour
- 5 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'
- 6 Man named following fatal collision
- 7 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 8 Councillor Bill, 75, says Covid-19 jab was 'perfect'
- 9 Skipper eyes plans to go one better for village cricketers
- 10 Green light for off-licence despite objections