Police urge caution after spike in thefts in Soham and Burwell areas
- Credit: Archant
Police in East Cambs have reported a surge in thefts from outbuildings and vehicles, in the villages surrounding Soham and Burwell.
Officers are asking residents to be extra vigilant and to report any suspicious goings on in their neighbourhoods.
Overnight between Monday and the early hours of Tuesday, thieves raided several premises on The Shade Business Park, in Soham.
Between 5.15pm on Monday and 7am the following day, thieves broke into a number of premises and made of with a jet wash, chainsaw and can of diesel were stolen. It is understood that they also stole a safe containing hundreds of pounds.
Officers said they had also received reports of a man searching around properties in the village of Reach and were keen to speak to the individual pictured - though there is no suggestion at this stage of any wrongdoing.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 4 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 5 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 6 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 7 Prosecuted drone pilot breached Civil Aviation Authority regulations
- 8 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 9 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 10 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car