Police swoop in early hours to arrest three men on suspicion of diesel theft
- Credit: Archant
Police swooped in the early hours of this morning (Tuesday) to arrest three men on suspicion of diesel theft.
Police were called to a farm in Great Fen Road, Soham, at about 1.15am following a call from a security officer who found three men on site.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire police said: “Officers attended and arrested three men, two aged 23 and a 21-year-old, on suspicion of theft. Two vehicles, a Honda Accord and Vauxhall Vectra, were also seized by police.”
PCSO Ian Hawkins said a “quantity of cannabis” was discovered in one of the vehicles and was also seized.
“The investigation is still under way,” he added.
You may also want to watch:
All three men remain in custody at Parkside Police Station, in Cambridge.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 7 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 8 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour
- 9 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 10 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'