Police Seize Van From Banned Driver and Discover Cannabis
POLICE seized a van being driven by banned driver Jamie Bramley, and discovered some cannabis in an ashtray. Last month 24-year-old Bramley admitted driving the van in Angel Drove at Ely on April 6 when disqualified, driving without insurance, and possess
POLICE seized a van being driven by banned driver Jamie Bramley, and discovered some cannabis in an ashtray.
Last month 24-year-old Bramley admitted driving the van in Angel Drove at Ely on April 6 when disqualified, driving without insurance, and possessing the class C drug.
This week he was back at the city courthouse to be sentenced, and magistrates were told this was his third conviction for driving while banned.
But solicitor Robert Milsom said Bramley had not been aware of his 12-month driving ban, because he had not received a letter telling him to attend his court hearing last December.
You may also want to watch:
Bramley, of Queensway, Soham, was disqualified from driving for six months and given an 18-month community order, involving supervision by the probation service, He must attend a Think First course, carry out 100 hours of unpaid work, and pay £95 costs.
City magistrates ordered the forfeiture and destruction of the cannabis.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment