Police Seize Car After Motorist Drives Wrong Way Down One-Way Street In Ely
POLICE seized a car that had been driven the wrong way along a one-way street in Ely city centre. It was just before midnight when police saw a Peugeot 607 car arrive on the Market Place from Brays Lane – with Terrance Ngum at the wheel. Ngum explained th
POLICE seized a car that had been driven the wrong way along a one-way street in Ely city centre.
It was just before midnight when police saw a Peugeot 607 car arrive on the Market Place from Brays Lane - with Terrance Ngum at the wheel.
Ngum explained that he was driving his brother's car, and had no insurance for the vehicle.
Further inquiries revealed that Ngum's driving licence from the Cayman Islands had expired.
You may also want to watch:
After hearing evidence, Ely magistrates convicted Ngum of driving without insurance or a licence, and failing to comply with a no-entry sign.
He was fined �525 with eight points endorsed on his licence; and was ordered to pay another �100 in costs and surcharge.
- 1 Village pub limits reopening to ‘bread and butter customers’ only
- 2 Action this day as new alliance slashes £72k from councillors' allowance budget
- 3 Park and ride from Milton to return next month
- 4 Shoppers rush to help man injured after falling in High Street
- 5 Witchford hold their heads high despite narrow Cambs League cup exit
- 6 Hifields to bring world-class artists and 6,000 festival-goers to Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Family pay tribute to ‘talented’ father-of-three veteran killed in crash
- 8 Letter: Amazing reunion for couple thanks to paramedics
- 9 ‘We are still struggling to cope’: Pet rescuers face ‘horrific situation’
- 10 Family traumatised as their beloved Waffle shot in the face