Police Searching For Two Men Who Punched 85-Year-Old Woman In Soham Street
POLICE are appealing for information after an 85-year-old woman in Soham was punched in the street in an attempted robbery. Two men jumped out in front of the elderly woman on a footpath in Paddock Street and one of them searched her coat pockets while th
POLICE are appealing for information after an 85-year-old woman in Soham was punched in the street in an attempted robbery.
Two men jumped out in front of the elderly woman on a footpath in Paddock Street and one of them searched her coat pockets while the second man kept watch. When they found nothing on the woman, one of the men punched her and then they both ran off. The incident happened on November 26 at around 5.30pm on a footpath in Paddock Street near to the duck pond, but was only reported to police on Monday.
The first man is described as aged around 20, six feet tall and stocky. He was wearing a dark, long, sleeved top, dark trousers and a dark scarf, which covered his face.
The second man is described as aged around 16, 5'2" tall and of slim build and he was wearing a dark hooded top and jeans.
You may also want to watch:
DC Gary Loth, who is investigating the incident, said: "We would like to hear from anyone who may have seen the robbery or these two men in the area at the time. This was a nasty attack on a vulnerable woman and any information, no matter how small, could help to bring the offenders to justice."
INFO: Anyone with information should contact DC Loth at Parkside Police Station in Cambridge on 0345 4564564 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 2 Jail for bank card fraudster caught on CCTV
- 3 Prosecution threat against businesses found not to be Covid-19 secure
- 4 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 5 Man who died in road crash is named
- 6 Woman to travel 100km in her wheelchair to fundraise for autism charity
- 7 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
- 8 ‘Beloved’ primary school headteacher leaving after 16 years in Soham
- 9 Volunteer group's Covid-closure after raising £70,000 in 30 years
- 10 Letters: How could we afford 120 police officers for boat race?