Police Raid Third Cannabis Factory
A THIRD Cannabis factory has been discovered in a quiet East Cambs street. Police raided a property at High Street, Aldreth this morning (Wednesday) at 11am and discovered �100,000-worth of plants. A 16-year-old boy has been arrested. This brings the t
A THIRD Cannabis factory has been discovered in a quiet East Cambs street.
Police raided a property at High Street, Aldreth this morning (Wednesday) at 11am and discovered �100,000-worth of plants.
A 16-year-old boy has been arrested.
This brings the total of cannabis plants found to more than 1,000 and the total value of drugs seized at �600,000, following raids on Thursday at Waterside in Ely and Victoria Street, Littleport.
Pictures and analysis from the raids will be in this week's Ely Standard, out tomorrow (Thursday).
Cambridgeshire Police drug specialist, PC Gavin Guy, said:
- 1 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 2 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 3 Firm announces acquisition of independent planning firm
- 4 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 5 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 6 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 7 Dental practice plan move to industrial park
- 8 A10 dualling facing new challenges
- 9 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 10 Christmas at Wimpole illuminated trail sparks into life as countdown begins
“Following the raid this morning we have recovered around 300 cannabis plants many of which are at an advanced stage.
Combined with the raids last week in Ely and Littleport we have now taken a significant amount of the drug out of the system.
“But, as ever, we are encouraging members of the public, neighbours and landlords to be on the lookout for a suspicious activity and would urge them to phone Cambridgeshire Police on 0845 456 4564 if they suspect anything.”