Police Raid Third Cannabis Factory
A THIRD Cannabis factory has been discovered in a quiet East Cambs street. Police raided a property at High Street, Aldreth this morning (Wednesday) at 11am and discovered �100,000-worth of plants. A 16-year-old boy has been arrested. This brings the t
A THIRD Cannabis factory has been discovered in a quiet East Cambs street.
Police raided a property at High Street, Aldreth this morning (Wednesday) at 11am and discovered �100,000-worth of plants.
A 16-year-old boy has been arrested.
This brings the total of cannabis plants found to more than 1,000 and the total value of drugs seized at �600,000, following raids on Thursday at Waterside in Ely and Victoria Street, Littleport.
You may also want to watch:
Pictures and analysis from the raids will be in this week's Ely Standard, out tomorrow (Thursday).
Cambridgeshire Police drug specialist, PC Gavin Guy, said:
- 1 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 2 East Cambs could be getting five new walking routes
- 3 Former deputy mayor wants to move Newmarket to Cambridgeshire
- 4 Round one to High Flyer after highways gives thumbs up to giant mug
- 5 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologises after 90mph police pursuit
- 6 Our weekly round-up of what Ely Standard readers have to say
- 7 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 8 Foodbank receives ‘kind’ cash donation from housebuilder
- 9 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 10 Leader’s reminder of human cost of £100k homes fall-out
“Following the raid this morning we have recovered around 300 cannabis plants many of which are at an advanced stage.
Combined with the raids last week in Ely and Littleport we have now taken a significant amount of the drug out of the system.
“But, as ever, we are encouraging members of the public, neighbours and landlords to be on the lookout for a suspicious activity and would urge them to phone Cambridgeshire Police on 0845 456 4564 if they suspect anything.”