Police Raid Third Cannabis Factory
A THIRD Cannabis factory has been discovered in a quiet East Cambs street. Police raided a property at High Street, Aldreth this morning (Wednesday) at 11am and discovered �100,000-worth of plants. A 16-year-old boy has been arrested. This brings the t
A THIRD Cannabis factory has been discovered in a quiet East Cambs street.
Police raided a property at High Street, Aldreth this morning (Wednesday) at 11am and discovered �100,000-worth of plants.
A 16-year-old boy has been arrested.
This brings the total of cannabis plants found to more than 1,000 and the total value of drugs seized at �600,000, following raids on Thursday at Waterside in Ely and Victoria Street, Littleport.
You may also want to watch:
Pictures and analysis from the raids will be in this week's Ely Standard, out tomorrow (Thursday).
Cambridgeshire Police drug specialist, PC Gavin Guy, said:
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'
- 4 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 5 Man named following fatal collision
- 6 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 7 Ex-councillor launches 'one million steps' charity challenge
- 8 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 9 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air
“Following the raid this morning we have recovered around 300 cannabis plants many of which are at an advanced stage.
Combined with the raids last week in Ely and Littleport we have now taken a significant amount of the drug out of the system.
“But, as ever, we are encouraging members of the public, neighbours and landlords to be on the lookout for a suspicious activity and would urge them to phone Cambridgeshire Police on 0845 456 4564 if they suspect anything.”