Police Raid Third Cannabis Factory
A THIRD Cannabis factory has been discovered in a quiet East Cambs street. Police raided a property at High Street, Aldreth this morning (Wednesday) at 11am and discovered �100,000-worth of plants. A 16-year-old boy has been arrested. This brings the t
A THIRD Cannabis factory has been discovered in a quiet East Cambs street.
Police raided a property at High Street, Aldreth this morning (Wednesday) at 11am and discovered �100,000-worth of plants.
A 16-year-old boy has been arrested.
This brings the total of cannabis plants found to more than 1,000 and the total value of drugs seized at �600,000, following raids on Thursday at Waterside in Ely and Victoria Street, Littleport.
You may also want to watch:
Pictures and analysis from the raids will be in this week's Ely Standard, out tomorrow (Thursday).
Cambridgeshire Police drug specialist, PC Gavin Guy, said:
- 1 Jail for bank card fraudster caught on CCTV
- 2 Prosecution threat against businesses found not to be Covid-19 secure
- 3 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 4 Man who died in road crash is named
- 5 ‘Beloved’ primary school headteacher leaving after 16 years in Soham
- 6 Woman to travel 100km in her wheelchair to fundraise for autism charity
- 7 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 8 Community pharmacy teams to offer free Covid-19 test kits
- 9 Jail and criminal behaviour order for woman who spat at police officer
- 10 Volunteer group's Covid-closure after raising £70,000 in 30 years
“Following the raid this morning we have recovered around 300 cannabis plants many of which are at an advanced stage.
Combined with the raids last week in Ely and Littleport we have now taken a significant amount of the drug out of the system.
“But, as ever, we are encouraging members of the public, neighbours and landlords to be on the lookout for a suspicious activity and would urge them to phone Cambridgeshire Police on 0845 456 4564 if they suspect anything.”