Police pursuit in South Cambridgeshire after suspected hare coursing
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
A police pursuit took place after reports of suspected hare coursing and dangerous driving in South Cambridgeshire.
Officers were called to Longmeadow, Lode, at about 1pm yesterday (November 6).
The Rural Crime Action Team (RCAT) arrived at the location and a man in a blue Volvo S40 made off from the scene and failed to stop for officers when requested.
A pursuit began just after 1.15pm and continued through Bottisham before the vehicle stopped on the A1303 five minutes later.
A 49-year-old man from Surrey was arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving and failing to stop.
You may also want to watch:
He has since been released on bail until December 1 with the condition not to enter the county.
Officers are appealing for anyone who saw the car in the area yesterday, or anyone with dash cam footage, to get in touch.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 8 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 9 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 10 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
Anyone with information is urged to call 101 or report online via www.cambs.police.uk/report quoting incident number 192 of November 6.