Police probe knife threat against taxi driver who went to Littleport to take passenger to Ely
- Credit: Archant
A taxi driver was threatened with a knife late last night (Sat) after he was booked to take a customer from Littleport to Ely.
Pymoor Taxis director and partner in Noble Cars Samantha Clifton-Noble described what happened when her driver called at Main Street, Littleport, to collect the passenger.
She said: “Some piece of lowlife scum has just threatened one of my taxi drivers with a knife after booking him from Main Street to take to Ely.
“Our driver is obviously shaken but thankfully not hurt”
She said the driver was now at Ely police station “giving statements and descriptions and my husband has gone over to the pub to try and find out who it was”.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Clifton-Noble said that while her husband was in Littleport he was “approached by someone in a maroon car who said that he was the ‘main man around here’ and offered my husband heroin and cocaine.......
“I am speechless and obviously worried sick for my drivers, so if anyone happened to see our taxi pick up and know who this might be, to please drop us a message before someone ends up in hospital or worse.”
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 7 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
She added: “This is the third incident we have reported in the last two months and nothing has been done about any of them.”
Earlier East Cambs police posted to their Facebook page: “Police officers are currently responding to reports of anti-social behaviour in Littleport. Please keep calling 101 or 999 as appropriate if you are concerned.”