Police patrols increased in Haddenham after serious sexual assault on teenage girl in recreation ground near Hop Row
- Credit: Archant
Police patrols have been stepped up in Haddenham following reports of a serious sexual assault on a teenage girl.
The incident occurred at around 7.45pm on Friday December 4 in a recreation ground off of Hop Row.
A 43-year-old man from Haddenham was arrested later the same evening on suspicion of rape. He has been released on bail to return to Parkside Police Station in Cambridge on December 12.
East Cambs Area Commander, DCI Donna Wass, said: “I would like to reassure members of the public that we believe this to be an isolated incident.
“My first priority is care for the victim and protection of the local community which is why we have dedicated resources to provide an increased reassurance to both the victim and community.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111, or via their online reporting system at www.crimestoppers.org.uk.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Man found dead in March
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 8 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze