Police organise evening of action to tackle anti-social behaviour hotspot in Ely
- Credit: Archant
POLICE will be holding an evening of action at an Ely park to crack down on anti-social behaviour.
Officers will be joined by representatives from the fire service, community safety partnership, Sainsbury’s and local councillors on a walk around Pocket Park.
The Connections Bus will also be at the park.
Residents and young people are being encouraged to attend the event, which will run from 6pm to 9pm on Thursday, May 30.
Community safety officer Sue Loaker said: “We had a few issues reported to us last year around suspected drug and alcohol misuse at the park along with associated anti-social behaviour.
“We hope that by holding this evening of action we can see if there are any ongoing issues and people can come along to raise any concerns they may have.”
- 1 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 2 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 3 New shop already 'exceeded expectations' after strong opening day
- 4 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 5 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 6 Nuisance caller flouted court order day after prison release
- 7 Ely Rotary Club back with annual Christmas collection
- 8 GP practices mark ‘momentous milestone’ in Covid-19 vaccine programme
- 9 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 10 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?