Police organise evening of action to tackle anti-social behaviour hotspot in Ely
- Credit: Archant
POLICE will be holding an evening of action at an Ely park to crack down on anti-social behaviour.
Officers will be joined by representatives from the fire service, community safety partnership, Sainsbury’s and local councillors on a walk around Pocket Park.
The Connections Bus will also be at the park.
Residents and young people are being encouraged to attend the event, which will run from 6pm to 9pm on Thursday, May 30.
Community safety officer Sue Loaker said: “We had a few issues reported to us last year around suspected drug and alcohol misuse at the park along with associated anti-social behaviour.
You may also want to watch:
“We hope that by holding this evening of action we can see if there are any ongoing issues and people can come along to raise any concerns they may have.”
- 1 Police swoop on Chatteris housing estate following machete threat
- 2 Shoppers rush to help man injured after falling in High Street
- 3 Lockdown easing - 10 pubs and restaurants say welcome back
- 4 Residents 'horrified' by Swastika graffiti in grounds of Ely Cathedral
- 5 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 6 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 7 ‘We are still struggling to cope’: Pet rescuers face ‘horrific situation’
- 8 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 9 Littleport marks Royal British Legion centenary year with moving ceremony
- 10 Man remains in custody after 'firearm and threat to kill' arrest