Police organise evening of action to tackle anti-social behaviour hotspot in Ely
- Credit: Archant
POLICE will be holding an evening of action at an Ely park to crack down on anti-social behaviour.
Officers will be joined by representatives from the fire service, community safety partnership, Sainsbury’s and local councillors on a walk around Pocket Park.
The Connections Bus will also be at the park.
Residents and young people are being encouraged to attend the event, which will run from 6pm to 9pm on Thursday, May 30.
Community safety officer Sue Loaker said: “We had a few issues reported to us last year around suspected drug and alcohol misuse at the park along with associated anti-social behaviour.
You may also want to watch:
“We hope that by holding this evening of action we can see if there are any ongoing issues and people can come along to raise any concerns they may have.”
- 1 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 2 Car hits A14 barrier near Newmarket
- 3 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up
- 4 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 5 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 6 Retirement complex proposals encounter a sticky situation
- 7 Potamogeton Trichoides has the last word on £6.5m Mepal crematorium
- 8 Village’s community Co-op will open next month after New Year delays
- 9 Gin could be just the tonic needed for dilapidated farm buildings
- 10 Win vouchers to spend at supermarket