Police name the man who died in a crash on the A10 at Stretham
- Credit: Archant
A man who died following a collision on the A10 at Stretham yesterday (August 2) has been named.
John Froggett, 24, of Teal Avenue in Soham, died when the blue Mazda he was driving was involved in a collision with a black Volvo V50 at about 1.30pm.
Acting Traffic Sergeant Boris Kahn said: “This is a tragic incident where a young man has lost his life.
“We believe a number of vehicles passed the collision moments after it happened and ask that those drivers get in touch.”
The driver of the Volvo, a man in his 40s, received minor injuries.
You may also want to watch:
The road was closed in both directions between Chittering at the Lazy Otter public house and the Stretham roundabout but was re-opened by 6pm.
Anyone who witnessed the collision or had information is asked to call the road policing unit on 101.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 9 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 10 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor