Police Looking To Speak To Man In Connection With Child Sex Offences
POLICE are trying to trace a man in connection with a series of child sex offences which took place in the 1970s. Barry Robert Brunton, was last know living at London Road in Downham Market but police believe the 61-year-old has links to Ely and are appea
POLICE are trying to trace a man in connection with a series of child sex offences which took place in the 1970s.
Barry Robert Brunton, was last know living at London Road in Downham Market but police believe the 61-year-old has links to Ely and are appealing to the public for help in tracing him.
Brunton, who is originally from the Isle of Wight was working in schools in Hertfordshire at the time the offence is believed to have taken place and police have warned members of the public not to approach him.
The 61-year-old was previously arrested in 2003 and bailed pending further enquiries, but he failed to answer bail in early 2004. The alleged crime has recently been reviewed and has prompted a renewed appeal from officers.
You may also want to watch:
PC Jane Keating, investigating, said: "We are asking for anybody who knows the whereabouts of this man, or has any information which might help in locating him, to call police immediately on 0845 33 00 222."
If members of the public have any information on his whereabouts they should contact police on the non-emergency number on 0845 33 00 222. Alternatively call Crimestoppers, an independent charity, anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Tributes paid to school matron who died from Covid-19
- 2 People power brings about changes to £800,000 roundabout scheme
- 3 Student defies challenges of pandemic to achieve first class degree
- 4 Retired GP's death 'avoidable' if cause of severe chest pain was 'more thoroughly investigated'
- 5 Alcohol shoplifter threatened security staff with large blade
- 6 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 7 London man jailed for running drugs line between Cambs and capital
- 8 Health scare inspired slimmer’s incredible 10 stone weight loss
- 9 Driver peers out of Range Rover while trying to cross flooded Welney Wash
- 10 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby