Police Looking To Speak To Man In Connection With Child Sex Offences
POLICE are trying to trace a man in connection with a series of child sex offences which took place in the 1970s. Barry Robert Brunton, was last know living at London Road in Downham Market but police believe the 61-year-old has links to Ely and are appea
POLICE are trying to trace a man in connection with a series of child sex offences which took place in the 1970s.
Barry Robert Brunton, was last know living at London Road in Downham Market but police believe the 61-year-old has links to Ely and are appealing to the public for help in tracing him.
Brunton, who is originally from the Isle of Wight was working in schools in Hertfordshire at the time the offence is believed to have taken place and police have warned members of the public not to approach him.
The 61-year-old was previously arrested in 2003 and bailed pending further enquiries, but he failed to answer bail in early 2004. The alleged crime has recently been reviewed and has prompted a renewed appeal from officers.
PC Jane Keating, investigating, said: "We are asking for anybody who knows the whereabouts of this man, or has any information which might help in locating him, to call police immediately on 0845 33 00 222."
If members of the public have any information on his whereabouts they should contact police on the non-emergency number on 0845 33 00 222. Alternatively call Crimestoppers, an independent charity, anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 80 homes threaten access to ‘rural haven of rare beauty’
- 2 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 3 Woman wins right to build annexe to home
- 4 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 5 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 6 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 7 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 8 GP surgery 'failing' us says Labour
- 9 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 10 Firm announces acquisition of independent planning firm