Police issue warning to illegal hare coursers
WITH the illegal hare coursing season set to begin, officers are launching the successful Operation Dornier for the fourth year running. Insp Dick Lowings, part of the Rural Community Action Team (RCAT), said: We will be taking positive action to target
WITH the illegal hare coursing season set to begin, officers are launching the successful Operation Dornier for the fourth year running.
Insp Dick Lowings, part of the Rural Community Action Team (RCAT), said: "We will be taking positive action to target hare coursers by building on past successes.
"Over the last three years hare coursing has significantly reduced but we are not taking our eye off the ball. We will continue to tackle this issue in a robust manner and we will prosecute offenders, spearheaded by this RCAT campaign. Our aim is to continue this success and ensure we severely disrupt and convict those who are involved.
"Hare coursing is not only illegal but also extremely disruptive for the rural community."
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information about hare coursing should contact police on 0845 456 4564.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 7 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 10 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor