Police issue warning about ‘purse dipping’ after woman has purse stolen from shopping trolley in Ely
- Credit: Archant
A woman had her purse removed from inside her shopping trolley on Saturday morning in Ely city centre.
The offence is believed to have happened between The Cloisters and Market Square at around mid-morning.
It is the first report of “purse dipping” that police have received for a while said a police spokesman.
“Please make sure you are keeping your eyes open and your valuables secure when you are out and about,” added the spokesman, giving advice on the Facebook page Policing East Cambridgeshire.
“If you have elderly relatives please ensure they are aware as they are particularly targeted for this type of crime.
You may also want to watch:
“If you see anyone suspicious or you believe a crime is about to take place, please call us on 999.”
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 9 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k