Police investigating alleged Newmarket rape bail 18-year-old man
- Credit: Archant
A teenager arrested on suspicion of committing a rape in Newmarket has been bailed by detectives.
The 18-year-old was arrested on Sunday morning after a girl in her late teens told police she was along walking the area known locally as Yellow Brick Road when she was approached by a man who then raped her.
She has looked after by specialist officers, and there was police tape in place at Fred Archer Way, between Wellington Street and Exeter Road, on Sunday while enquiries continued.
Police later arrested the 18-year-old and he has now been bailed until Tuesday, June 27, when he must return to the Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre.
The cordoned off area is a horse walk that links through to the Gallops and is also used by people as a cut-through to housing areas.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information regarding the incident was urged to contact Suffolk Police on 101 quoting CAD 53 of 26 March.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 10 Labour backs calls for extra Covid-19 safety measures in schools