Man in court today over criminal damage, dangerous driving and offensive weapon charges after seven police cars closed the A1198 Papworth bypass
- Credit: Archant
A man is to appear in court this morning (March 7) after an incident on the A1198 at Papworth bypass yesterday afternoon.
Michael Elmstrom, 34, of St Ives, has been charged with criminal damage, dangerous driving, failing to stop for police, possession of an offensive weapon and sending malicious communications.
He is to appear at Peterborough Magistrates’ Court this morning.
Yesterday (March 6) at least seven police cars closed off the Papworth bypass, surrounding a vehicle, as seen in pictures tweeted by BCH Road Policing.
A police spokesman said: “We were called at 7.40am today with reports of a domestic in St Ives.
You may also want to watch:
“There has since been a police pursuit and a man was arrested on the A1198 Papworth bypass at about 3pm.
“The road has been closed while a vehicle is recovered.”
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 3 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 4 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 5 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 10 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph