Cambs police car caught in three-car smash involving five people on busy A142
- Credit: Archant
Three cars – including a marked Cambridgeshire police car – were involved in a collision on the A142 near Ely over the weekend.
A silver Mercedes A-class, grey Ford Ranger and Cambs cop car collided between Ely and Sutton just after the Common Road junction on Sunday, June 21.
The crash happened at around 3.20pm and involved a total of five people – luckily no serious injuries were sustained, and an investigation has been launched.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: “We are appealing for information following a collision involving a police car and two other vehicles.
“The collision happened at about 3.20pm just after the junction with Common Road involving a marked police car, a silver Mercedes A-Class and a grey Ford Ranger.
You may also want to watch:
“A total of five people were involved in the collision however no serious injuries were sustained.
“Collision investigators would like to hear from anyone who witnessed the collision, in particular anyone who may have dash-cam footage of the incident.”
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101 quoting incident 253 of June 21, or report online at: www.cambs.police.uk.report
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 9 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k