Cambs police car caught in three-car smash involving five people on busy A142
- Credit: Archant
Three cars – including a marked Cambridgeshire police car – were involved in a collision on the A142 near Ely over the weekend.
A silver Mercedes A-class, grey Ford Ranger and Cambs cop car collided between Ely and Sutton just after the Common Road junction on Sunday, June 21.
The crash happened at around 3.20pm and involved a total of five people – luckily no serious injuries were sustained, and an investigation has been launched.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: “We are appealing for information following a collision involving a police car and two other vehicles.
“The collision happened at about 3.20pm just after the junction with Common Road involving a marked police car, a silver Mercedes A-Class and a grey Ford Ranger.
You may also want to watch:
“A total of five people were involved in the collision however no serious injuries were sustained.
“Collision investigators would like to hear from anyone who witnessed the collision, in particular anyone who may have dash-cam footage of the incident.”
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101 quoting incident 253 of June 21, or report online at: www.cambs.police.uk.report
- 1 Police arrest 14-year-old after criminal behaviour order breach
- 2 Council told to pay costs as concrete factory wins appeal
- 3 Lucky escape for motorists who suffered minor injuries in A10 crash
- 4 Dog groomer produces stylish display on the global stage
- 5 Nearly a million trees planted alongside A14 die and need replacing
- 6 Nine years jail for paedophile who 'manipulated and exploited' teenage girls
- 7 FOI reveals the number of A10 crashes between Stretham and Milton
- 8 Plans submitted for nine new homes in Littleport
- 9 Shellens quits after committee votes to gag Hickford debate
- 10 Man dies after falling from bridge on A14 between Histon and Milton