Police hope CCTV images might help clear up mystery of £1,000 alcohol theft from Ely supermarket
- Credit: Archant
Mainly whisky and brandy was stolen in a £1,000 theft of alcohol from an Ely supermarket.
The alcohol was taken from the Waitrose store, Brays Lane, Ely, at around 5.15pm on Monday, August 15.
The offenders entered the store and stole the alcohol by smuggling it out in shopping bags which they had brought with them.
Police are keen to speak to the three people in the CCTV images about the incident.
PC Jack Briggs said: “This was a high value theft of alcohol from this shop and I would urge anyone with information about this incident or who thinks they can identify the people in the CCTV images to come forward.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call the police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or through their anonymous online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody