Police helicopter called in to aid hunt for suspected hare coursers
- Credit: Archant
A 49-year-old man was arrested in connection with hare coursing following an incident in Hilgay.
Officers were called shortly after 3.30pm on Friday to reports of people believed to be coursing in Ely Road.
Police attended, sealed off the area and carried out a search with assistance from the police helicopter.
A man was arrested in connection with the incident and questioned at Bury police investigation centre. He was subsequently released on bail until Monday, February 16, while enquiries continue.
Pc Richard Allan said: “We would like to remind people that hare coursing is an offence that will not be tolerated by police and I can assure the public that we will act promptly and robustly to pursue offenders committing this type of crime.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to contact Richard Allan at Downham Market Police Station on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 4 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 5 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 6 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 7 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 8 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'
- 9 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening
- 10 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats