Police give warning after thefts from Ely Marina
PEOPLE are being urged to report suspicious activity around boatyards after several thefts.
Thieves stole three outboard motors from Ely Marina over the last week.
A number of boats were also damaged and valuables were stolen from inside.
Det Insp Donna Wass said: “I would urge people who use marinas to keep an eye out for unusual activity.
“Boat owners should ensure they have good quality locks for their outboard motors and deter thieves by postcode marking them.
You may also want to watch:
“We would also advise people to remove valuables and personal paperwork from boats when they are left empty.”
- 1 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 4 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 5 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 6 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 7 East Cambridgeshire is ‘home to the noisiest neighbours in the country’
- 8 Three hare coursers - with three children and three dogs in car - fined for damaging crops
- 9 Care home still 'requires improvement'
- 10 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'