Police give warning after thefts from Ely Marina
PEOPLE are being urged to report suspicious activity around boatyards after several thefts.
Thieves stole three outboard motors from Ely Marina over the last week.
A number of boats were also damaged and valuables were stolen from inside.
Det Insp Donna Wass said: “I would urge people who use marinas to keep an eye out for unusual activity.
“Boat owners should ensure they have good quality locks for their outboard motors and deter thieves by postcode marking them.
“We would also advise people to remove valuables and personal paperwork from boats when they are left empty.”
- 1 80 homes threaten access to ‘rural haven of rare beauty’
- 2 Woman wins right to build annexe to home
- 3 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 4 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 5 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 6 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 7 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 8 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 9 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 10 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months