Police give warning after thefts from Ely Marina
PEOPLE are being urged to report suspicious activity around boatyards after several thefts.
Thieves stole three outboard motors from Ely Marina over the last week.
A number of boats were also damaged and valuables were stolen from inside.
Det Insp Donna Wass said: “I would urge people who use marinas to keep an eye out for unusual activity.
“Boat owners should ensure they have good quality locks for their outboard motors and deter thieves by postcode marking them.
You may also want to watch:
“We would also advise people to remove valuables and personal paperwork from boats when they are left empty.”
- 1 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 4 SAS ‘original’ Reg Seekings to feature in book
- 5 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 6 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 7 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 8 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 9 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 10 ‘Distressed cries’ of beagles fuel animal research unit protest