Police Found Unconscious Woman in Ely City Centre After She Was Attacked on A Night Out
POLICE found an unconscious woman laying on the floor in Ely city centre after she was attacked in The Cloisters shopping mall. Katrina Ellis was dazed and confused when she came round seconds later, but had little recollection of being punched by Chris
POLICE found an unconscious woman laying on the floor in Ely city centre after she was attacked in The Cloisters shopping mall.
Katrina Ellis was "dazed and confused" when she came round seconds later, but had little recollection of being punched by Christopher Divers.
Divers appeared before Ely magistrates on Thursday, when he admitted assaulting Ms Ellis on August 13.
The court ordered Divers to pay �400 compensation to his victim, along with a �400 fine, �85 costs and a �15 surcharge.
"Ms Ellis has little recollection of the assault, she had been out with a group of friends, and they bumped into the defendant and his friends," said prosecutor Laura Mardell.
"She had been having a really good evening, but Divers became "loud and larey." CCTV pictures showed Ms Ellis walking through the Cloisters. She was approached by Divers and punched once in the face before falling to the floor.
- 1 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 2 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 3 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 4 ‘It’s been very rewarding’ - Letizia amazed by support for La Strega
- 5 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 6 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
- 7 Florist 'busier than ever' hoping to build from lockdown success
- 8 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 9 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 10 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
Divers, 25, of Derby Drive, Consett, Durham, had been in Ely because he was working in the city, explained solicitor Lowri Roberts.
"He is disgusted by his behaviour, really gutted," she said. "Earlier that evening someone in Katrina Ellis' group had assaulted him, there was a fight and everyone was asked to leave the pub.
"Clearly this was a nasty incident for which he is sorry.