Class A and B drugs found on 25-year-old man following illegal rave at Wicken Fen Nature Reserve
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A man is being interviewed after he was found with class A and B drugs at an illegal rave in Wicken Fen Nature Reserve.
The 25-year-old man is taking part in a voluntary interview following the event which took place at the Lode Lane nature reserve near Ely on Sunday, July 14.
Police officers were tipped off by a member of the public who saw the music event taking place - attendees were dispersed when the officers arrived.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: "A member of the public alerted us to an illegal rave at Wicken Fen Nature Reserve on Sunday morning.
"As a result, a 25-year-old man - who was detained at the scene for a drug search - will be voluntarily interviewed after class A and B drugs were found."
Officers have issued a statement on things to look out for if you think you have spotted a potential illegal rave.
The spokesman added: "Look out for lots of cars and groups of people gathering in unusual places such as industrial sites, small villages or remote rural areas.
- 1 Person hit by train between Manea and Peterborough
- 2 First visit not 'a flying success' but pub deserves second chance
- 3 Sanctuary Housing criticised over empty homes in Ely
- 4 Fire crews called to car fire on railway line
- 5 MP officially begins new era for major UK supplier
- 6 Huntingdon and Peterborough hospitals bring back masks after rise in Covid numbers
- 7 Lorna’s successful plea to remove £3 shower charge for disabled visitors to The Hive
- 8 Hunt is on for arsonists after 5am car fire
- 9 Threat to cancel or 'indefinitely pause' £450m Ely rail upgrade
- 10 'Cuckooing' drug dealer caught with cocaine to the value of £3,670
"Also, look out for cars and vans delivering generators to rural locations."
If you see any signs or have information about a potential illegal rave, police are urging people to report it online at: www.cambs.police.uk/report or call 101.