Class A and B drugs found on 25-year-old man following illegal rave at Wicken Fen Nature Reserve
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A man is being interviewed after he was found with class A and B drugs at an illegal rave in Wicken Fen Nature Reserve.
The 25-year-old man is taking part in a voluntary interview following the event which took place at the Lode Lane nature reserve near Ely on Sunday, July 14.
Police officers were tipped off by a member of the public who saw the music event taking place - attendees were dispersed when the officers arrived.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: "A member of the public alerted us to an illegal rave at Wicken Fen Nature Reserve on Sunday morning.
"As a result, a 25-year-old man - who was detained at the scene for a drug search - will be voluntarily interviewed after class A and B drugs were found."
You may also want to watch:
Officers have issued a statement on things to look out for if you think you have spotted a potential illegal rave.
The spokesman added: "Look out for lots of cars and groups of people gathering in unusual places such as industrial sites, small villages or remote rural areas.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 5 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 6 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 7 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor
- 10 Christmas comes early as festive lights couple hold trial switch-on
"Also, look out for cars and vans delivering generators to rural locations."
If you see any signs or have information about a potential illegal rave, police are urging people to report it online at: www.cambs.police.uk/report or call 101.