Police raid home after misuse of drugs tip-off and find nothing but paraphernalia
- Credit: Archant
Police raided an east Cambridgeshire home following a misuse of drugs tip-off but didn’t find what they were looking for.
Officers entered the property in High Barns, Ely on Tuesday morning (May 19) using a warrant under section 23 of the misuse of drugs act.
The raid took place at around 8am but no drugs were found inside the house and no arrests were made by officers.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: “The East Cambs Neighbourhood Team executed a warrant under section 23 of the misuse of drugs act at an address in High Barns, Ely.
“No drugs were found but drug paraphernalia and a knuckleduster were surrendered.
You may also want to watch:
“The information you provide is vital in helping us tackle drug related issues.
“Please report it to us, anonymously if you wish, here - www.cambs.police.uk/report.”
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 8 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 9 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 10 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph