Police donate tool box to Ely Lighthouse Garage Bike Project to keep youth off the streets
- Credit: Archant
Cambridgeshire Constabulary has donated £320 worth of tools to the Lighthouse Garage Youth Bike Project.
The equipment - a tool chest and various tools - was purchased using rewards points collected when purchasing fuel for police vehicles.
The Lighthouse project, based in Ely, have a garage to prevent antisocial behaviour and young offending. The project focuses on motorbike maintenance, repairs, restoration and safe and legal riding, in an attempt to keep young people off the streets.
The force recently helped the project out by purchasing a selection of video games for the schemes drop in centre.
PC Steve Hinks from the Youth Offending Team said: “It was a pleasure to be able to donate the items to the Lighthouse project.
“It’s great to know that our scheme can help good causes with donations and assist local communities by deterring crime and helping vulnerable people.
“When police officers and staff purchase fuel for police vehicles we collect various different reward points such as Nectar points and Tesco club Card point.
- 1 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 2 Preschool 'special in people's hearts' to close after more than 30 years
- 3 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 4 This Grade II listed Georgian home in Ely could be yours for £575,000
- 5 Replacement home not good enough says council
- 6 Daughter pays tribute to model engineer who 'tried his hand at anything'
- 7 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 8 Large Hotel of the Year winner is proud of its history
- 9 BMX star, 11, hopes world debut can lead to Olympics dream
- 10 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
“These points are then used to purchase items for good causes. Officers and staff can nominate good causes for donations of goods and the points are used to purchase the goods.”
If any charity or good cause wish to be consider for a donation of goods for 2016 they can request assistance by emailing Steve.Hinks@cambs.pnn.police.uk.