Police chase ends in arrest
Officers apprehended man after chase through Littleport
A 28-year-old man was arrested by police in Littleport on Saturday following a dramatic car chase through the village.
Michael Regan, 28, of Small Lode, Upwell had been wanted by several police forces for a string of offences and was spotted by an off-duty officer in the village at about 4pm.
The officer contacted nearby colleagues and a chase ensued, with the 28-year-old finally apprehended in Main Street.
A Norfolk Constabulary spokesperson said: “The male was located in a vehicle in Littleport and a pursuit followed involving officers from Norfolk and Cambridgeshire.
You may also want to watch:
The vehicle was stopped by police in Main Street, Littleport, and the driver arrested.”
Regan has since been charged with 13 offences – dangerous driving, three counts of driving while disqualified, three counts of driving without insurance, three counts of making off without payment, burglary, theft from a motor vehicle, and fraud by false representation and appeared before Magistrates in Kings on Monday.
- 1 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 4 Everything you need to know about Mad Hatters eco festival
- 5 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 6 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 7 Second World War and SAS hero remembered with new street signs
- 8 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 9 Election 2021: Counting gets under way in East Cambridgeshire
- 10 Footballer hopes Wembley 'dream' can bolster Cambridge career