Police chase ends in arrest
Officers apprehended man after chase through Littleport
A 28-year-old man was arrested by police in Littleport on Saturday following a dramatic car chase through the village.
Michael Regan, 28, of Small Lode, Upwell had been wanted by several police forces for a string of offences and was spotted by an off-duty officer in the village at about 4pm.
The officer contacted nearby colleagues and a chase ensued, with the 28-year-old finally apprehended in Main Street.
A Norfolk Constabulary spokesperson said: “The male was located in a vehicle in Littleport and a pursuit followed involving officers from Norfolk and Cambridgeshire.
You may also want to watch:
The vehicle was stopped by police in Main Street, Littleport, and the driver arrested.”
Regan has since been charged with 13 offences – dangerous driving, three counts of driving while disqualified, three counts of driving without insurance, three counts of making off without payment, burglary, theft from a motor vehicle, and fraud by false representation and appeared before Magistrates in Kings on Monday.
- 1 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 2 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 3 Fire crews called to stables building blaze
- 4 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 5 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 6 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 7 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 8 Handcuffed duo prepare to make London Marathon history
- 9 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 10 'Savage' attack left man without spleen