Police chase ends in arrest
Officers apprehended man after chase through Littleport
A 28-year-old man was arrested by police in Littleport on Saturday following a dramatic car chase through the village.
Michael Regan, 28, of Small Lode, Upwell had been wanted by several police forces for a string of offences and was spotted by an off-duty officer in the village at about 4pm.
The officer contacted nearby colleagues and a chase ensued, with the 28-year-old finally apprehended in Main Street.
A Norfolk Constabulary spokesperson said: “The male was located in a vehicle in Littleport and a pursuit followed involving officers from Norfolk and Cambridgeshire.
The vehicle was stopped by police in Main Street, Littleport, and the driver arrested.”
Regan has since been charged with 13 offences – dangerous driving, three counts of driving while disqualified, three counts of driving without insurance, three counts of making off without payment, burglary, theft from a motor vehicle, and fraud by false representation and appeared before Magistrates in Kings on Monday.
- 1 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 2 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 3 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 4 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 5 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 6 New shop already 'exceeded expectations' after strong opening day
- 7 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 8 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 9 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 10 Pedestrian killed crossing road